Thursday 17 March 2011

...so much the whole thing came off!

I have owned an iPod 4th Gen. since last year (December 2010 to be exact) and I am being very "Obsessive Compulsive" about the gadget.


It cost me a fortune just to buy my very own iPod (savings were gone...huhuhu...). When I got it last December I was very excited to open the package and just explore everything but then again, to my surprise and disappointment, I have found out that I am required to plug it in into a PC first to activate it., after activating it using the Laptop of my cousin, I was so thrilled that I can now explore it., this was actually the first (technically the second) gadget that I have ever owned (that I have paid for., LoL) so i was being over protective of it., Every after five minutes or so I would wipe the screen to clear the finger print marks and smudges that it acquired due to my constant touching and swiping (I told you I was so excited to explore it).,



After a few weeks or so after my pay day, I have bought my iPod its own screen protector, cause I was so afraid of it getting scratched and I was beginning to be irritated with the smudges, having to constantly wipe it off the screen., Since the screen protector does not cost that much (Php 150.00) and it is a good investment for my iPod, there was no doubt in my mind that it is an essential thing to buy., After having "ate" (sales lady) at the store put on the screen protector, every thing's all good, less worrying about scratches and finger smudges.,

Today as I was using my iPod to read a book that I have downloaded (nothing much of work is to be done in the office), I noticed something at the top side of my iPod (the ridge after the front cam and before the silver back cover)., A dust maybe, but it is a slightly bigger dust than the usual, so being the very "Obsessive Compulsive" owner of the gadget I was forced to clean it., As I was cleaning it I realized that the dust was stuck at the screen protector.,

I tried to take the dust out using my nails but I think it made the dust stick to the protector more and more, so I tried doing what "ate" in the store was doing when she was attaching the protector to my iPod...Here's what I did (it took me only a few steps to do it):

  1. Take a scotch tape, attach it to the side of the protector (the side of the protecto facing you)...
  2. Raise a small portion of the protector from the screen (so that the portion you are going to clean is raised)...
  3. Gently put another scotch tape at the place you want to clean (the side of the protector facing the screen)...
  4. Press lightly the place where you attached the scotch tape on Step 3...
  5. Take off the scotch tape from Step 4 (the dust will be picked up by the tape)......
  6. Repeat Steps 3 - 5 until satisfied...
  7. Gently put back the part of the protector you have raised to the screen...
  8. Take off the remaining scotch tape...
  9. Voila!!! the protector is now clean as new...

I have done this before so I am not worried at all...not at all...but after following the steps above...I was not satisfied with the cleanliness of my protector so I raised it again but this time I have raised it so much..."as in...so much the whole thing came off!"...I tried to put it back but there are so many smudges of my fingers on it that it will never be put back as if it was new...I surrendered in putting it back to prevent further damages...So I guess I have to go and buy a new screen protector for my iPod...that's gonna cost me again another 150 pesos...huhuhu...just when I am a little out of budget.,

maybe this one will teach me not to meddle with things that are not supposed to be meddled with...Oh! by the way I have purchased a new Screen Protector before I got home...and it only cost me 130 pesos...hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment