Friday 22 July 2011

...want to be known for doing this?...

Just because you think that something is cool doesn't mean that it is cool for everyone.

I have nothing against the trends today because I don't really mind what other people wants to do with their lives but in this case where my name can be related to something that other people are doing is just not right.,

I am referring to the PLM Planking., Yes!., Students from my Alma Mater are doing it., I really don't care whether they do it or not., what bothers me is that they are doing it wearing our uniforms and using the University's name.,

Is that what they want to be known for?., just like what my classmate said in his post at facebook., here is what he said.,

Imagine this in a job interview. The interviewer did some background search and then said, "Oh, you're from PLM. I saw your page for Planking. You must be good at it. Sample! Sample!" You know it's an exaggeration. It's funny but it's not how it should be.

I wouldn't want that to happen to me, that is not the way I want to be known for., especially when there is a really really tough industry out there., yes it is tough out here at the real world.,

Not to boast but I do know that students at PLM are the creme of the crop., we are called ISKOLARS., when people ask where I graduated and I would reply "from PLM" their initial reaction is "whoa, so you are really bright"., I don't want the day to come when I say I came from PLM and all they could say is that "is that where the students are so good at Planking?".,

I have read about planking and I found out that this is a game where you pose lying face down in unusual places., A game?., what would you get if you do that?., what's the prize?.,

Yeah! yeah! call me a "kill joy" person but what would you get by doing that., except dirty shirts and threatening your life?., I cannot see what people are trying to achieve by doing that.,

Again, I have nothing against people doing Planking what I am bothered about is that these students are using the university's name and uniform, that is just plain "NOT RIGHT".,

1 comment:

  1. It is trending actually. At first glance, it was more like an attention seeker to me that you have to do self-deprecating stuff like that. But eventually, I thought it was ok for fun but I never tried it even when Im alone.

    ReplyDelete