Friday 1 April 2011

Dessert overload!

Late last night I got home with a full stomach and a sugar rush...(if that still applies with my age)...

I went with my friends/officemates Reggie and Bern to Park Square near Glorietta to accompany them in purchasing new set of protectors for their IPhones...Since we haven't eaten dinner (since we ate late in the afternoon) we just decided to find somewhere to eat at Ayala Triangle, at least a lite meal will do since we are not that hungry...Our first option was eat at Banapple but there was no seats available for the three of us so we look for another place...Then we looked for Kanin Club, but again it was full so we went back to Banapple to wait for someone to leave their seats...Bern ask if there will be available seats and when she came back she told us that the resto is just serving Take-Outs (I think it's because it's almost closing time and they are full)...




We stopped by at Amici to get some gelato since we can't find any seats at the two resto mentioned above, then while we are looking at the menu (I guess) Reggie had this idea of just ordering 6 desserts for us to gobble on...we picked 4 cakes that was right off the menu and then 2 gelatos...



the cakes were great specially the Mango Sansrival that made me say ummm!!! ummm!!! First bite and I was like in heaven, it was like it was made for the gods...the magoes were sweet and fresh...it was a blockbuster for the three of us...two thumbs up for this one...



I also liked the one below I forgot it's name because I can't pronounce it...(it's italian or something) this one has hazelnut cream cheese and I think graham and some chocolate shavings...this will also have two thumbs up for me...actually I think i'm the one who actually took big bites of this one out of the three of us...hehehe!



Next is the Pistacciocolato which is a very fluffy cake with pistaccio paste in every layer of this cake, atop is again dark chocolate that dripped through the sides of the cake...this is also a good one so as to it's taste...I think this is the first time I have eaten a cake with pistaccio...wikipedia says pistaccio helps reducew the risk of heart diseases! wow! yummy and healthy at the same time...



Last on the list is the Merry Berry, it has blueberry and strawberry gelato with crushed grahams...I only took one bite of this just to check it's taste...I am not really a fan of berries...but I think it taste good...if only I could appreciate berries I think I would love this...



After finishing up the plate leaving just crumbs we billed out...the price is OK at Php 490 for everything...I think it is all worth the price because I enjoyed eating every single bite of everything maybe except for the Merry Berry...ahehehhehe...I think i'll recommend it to you guys to try Amici out for yourself...i'm sure you will not be disappointed...I think I still have the sugar rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment